The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that ... women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves. -Louise Otto

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stand For Something

I would rather stand alone for the right reasons, than follow the crowd for the wrong reasons. I believe this is the definition of character. A person of character stands for something. They stand up for themselves and others. Most importantly, we must be moral and ethical leaders. We must stand for something. Character does stand for something. In leadership, in standing for principle, there is loneliness. But men and women of integrity must live with their convictions. Unless they do so, they are miserable - dreadfully miserable... I refuse to be miserable. I choose to be true to myself and stand for what I believe in: Me.

No comments: